(b. c. 1840)
Originally a stonemason. Self-taught in violin making. Worked in Berwick Street, London, 1856-1885. Repaired for various dealers. Moved to Kentish Town Road, 1885, and to Hackney, 1887. Established at Dalston, 1908, when he had the assistance of his son, Edwin. Made a prolific number of violins, usually catalogued at four to ten pounds. Various models, and various shades of spirit and oil varnishes. ...Read More Awarded medal at the Inventions Exhibition, London, 1885. £60, 1960.
- 118 auction price results.
View all auction prices for Emanuel Whitmarsh