Tarisio’s approach to privacy
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us through the Tarisio website or services is controlled by Tarisio Auctions LLC. Personal information relating to Tarisio services provided in the UK will also be controlled by Tarisio Europe Limited.
Tarisio Auctions LLC is established in the USA at 244-250 West 54th, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10019. Tarisio Europe Limited is established in the UK at 51 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9HS.
Personal information we hold about you
We collect the categories of information described below when you use the Tarisio website or Tariso services.
- Information you provide
We collect information from you when you voluntarily submit information to us. This can include information you provide when you register to use the Tarisio website, complete a form, send us an email or take an action on the website (such as when you place a bid on an item).
Information we collect directly from you includes:
- Account and profile information: such as name, email address, telephone number, address, bidder ID, account password and whether you are a collector, musician or trade member.
- Transactional information: such as credit or debit card details, bids you make on items and charges incurred.
- Details about sale items: such as photographs and other descriptive material you submit to us about items you may wish to sell.
- Information in correspondence and comments: such as communications with us during meetings in person, through the Tarisio website, on the telephone, through electronic mail and regular mail or posts, comments, content or messages to us through a third party website where we have a profile or presence (such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
- Preferences that you set in relation to notifications you wish to receive.
- Records of items you sell through Tarisio
Our own written records, photographs and descriptions of the items you submit for sale through Tarisio.
- Information about how you use the Tarisio website
We collect data about how you use the Tarisio website such as the pages and links you access, the time you access the website and duration you are on it, the site you come to the website from or go to after leaving the website, selections and choices you make when using the website.
- Information about how you connect to the website
We collect data about the computer or other electronic devices (“device”) you use to connect to the Tarisio website. This can include details about the type of device, unique device identifying numbers, the device’s operating system, browser and applications connected to the website through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device’s telephone number (if it has one).
- Information provided by other organisations
Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, Internet navigation information or information about the history of the item you wish to sell.
- Information from credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations
If you fail to pay for an item or fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
How we use your information
Your marketing preferences
Email, phone, fax and SMS – From time to time we may contact you by email, phone, fax and/or SMS with information about our products and services.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Tarisio please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please follow the opt-out instructions contained within the marketing information we have sent to you.
Information we share with third parties
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Service providers – third parties who provide a service to us. These third parties will be allowed to use your personal information only in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons – third parties to whom we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information or to whom we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, or to detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
- Buyers of our business – buyers of Tarisio Auctions LLC or Tarisio Europe Limited or any of their assets may have your personal information disclosed or transferred to them as part of the sale.
Information that cannot identify you
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of Tarisio services but will we make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Storing and transferring your personal information
- Timeframe – your personal information will be kept by us for as long as your account remains active. If you contact us to deactivate your account, your personal information will be kept for a reasonable period of time after this so that we can complete any activities it is being used for or where we have a need to retain your personal information. Following this period we will either delete the information or change it to a form that does not identify you. Following a reasonable period of inactivity on your account we may also delete your personal information or change it to a form that does not identify you.
- Cookies and local storage – we may store information (which may include personal information) locally on your device using cookies and other browser and application storage methods. For further information please see our Cookies Policy (tarisio.com/cookie-policy/).
Accessing your Personal Information
Much of the personal information we hold about you is available directly from viewing your account and looking back over your own activities. If there is other information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Contacting us” section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for. We reserve the right to charge a small fee to respond to your request.
Links to third party sites
The Tarisio website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Our policy towards children
Our services are available only to persons aged 18 or over.
The Tarisio service is not directed to persons under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
The Tarisio and Cozio archives contain identification and pricing information relating to fine stringed instruments and bows. This information may also include personal information identifying owners, makers and luthiers of those instruments and bows. The personal information contained in these archives will have typically been collected from publicly available sources (such as auction house results or other publications) or may have been provided directly by the identified individual him/herself. The archives are made available to Tarisio subscribers for research purposes (including statistical, historical, provenance, authenticity and valuation research). Tarisio may also use the archives for its own research and marketing purposes. If you have any questions or queries relating to any personal information in the Tarisio or Cozio archives, please contact us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track
We do not collect information from you for behavioral advertising purposes. We may collect a persistent identifier from your browser or mobile device to assist us with providing and improving the Service. Because we collect browsing and persistent identifier data only for analytic and internal purposes, your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser will not have any effect on our collection of analytics information or the collection of a persistent identifier. We do not permit third parties to collect information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Service.
Changes to this policy
Notice to you
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email, or by placing a notice on the Tarisio website.