Francesco Emiliani, Rome, 1725
Bearing its original label, "Franciscus Emilianis fecit Romae Anno Dni 172*."
Back: Two-piece of medium to narrow curl descending from the joint
Top: of fine grain in the center, opening out to medium grain in the flanks
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 35.4 cm
There is 1 additional image in the archive which is not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1985||Sold by Phillip's|
|in 1986||Sold by Sotheby's|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1938) States that the label is original but that the last digit is illegible.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Four Centuries of Violin Making: Fine Instruments from the Sotheby's Archive, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, Boston (illustrated)
- Phillip's Fine Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 13, 1985, London, Phillip's, Phillip's, London (illustrated)
- Phillip's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, September 12, 1985, London, Phillip's, Phillip's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 12, 1986, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Photo Archive