Santo Serafin, Venice, 1743, the 'Boris Schwarz'
Labeled, "Sanctus Seraphin, Utensis Fecit, Venetiis 1743" and bearing the maker's stamp at the bottom bout.
Back: in one-piece of maple of broad strong curl.
Top: in two pieces of spruce of medium width grain.
Scroll: of wood similar to back.
Ribs: of wood similar to back.
Varnish: of a gold-orange color.
Length of back: 35.2 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1950||Boris Schwarz|
|-||Sold by Emil Herrmann, New York|
|in 1992||Sold by Skinner|
|1992 - 2014||Anonymous|
|until 1992||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Rembert Wurlitzer Inc., New York, NY (1963)
- Certificate: Emil Herrmann, New York, New York, NY (1941)
- Certificate: Hamma & Co., Stuttgart (1913)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Skinner's Fine Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, May 17, 1992, Boston, Skinner, Skinner, Boston (illustrated)
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)