Ferdinando Gagliano, Naples, 1782, the 'Partello, Sabatini'
Labeled, "Ferdinandus Gagliano Filius Nicolai fecit Neap. 1782."
Back: One-piece of medium curl descending from left to right
Top: of medium to fine grain
Scroll: almost plain
Ribs: of faint medium to broad curl
Length of back: 35.5 cm
|in 1892||Dwight J. Partello|
|from 1920||Lyon & Healy|
|in 1929||Sold by Lyon & Healy|
|until 1992||Robert Kagan|
|in 1992||Sold by Sotheby's|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1892)
- Certificate: Lyon & Healy, Chicago, IL Undated.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Four Centuries of Violin Making: Fine Instruments from the Sotheby's Archive, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, Boston (illustrated)
- Meister Italienischer Geigenbaukunst (8th Edition), Walter Hamma & Co., Florian Noetzel Verlag, Wilhelmshaven (illustrated)
- Lyon & Healy Rare Old Violins, Violas & Violoncellos (1929), Lyon & Healy, Chicago (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 11, 1992, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)