Labeled, "Joseph Guarnerius filius Andreae" with a dedication to St. Theresie, 1715.
Back: in one-piece, of quarter-cut maple with narrow flame that drops slightly to the bass side; a small wing has been added to the treble side.
Top: of medium grain, widening slightly towards the flanks
Scroll: of wood similar to one of the ribs.
Ribs: also quarter-cut, with wider flaming.
Varnish: Orange to reddish-brown over a golden-yellow base
Length of back: 35.6 cm
Upper bouts: 16.5 cm
Middle bouts: 11 cm
Lower bouts: 20.3 cm
There are 3 additional images in the
archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.