London Summer 2021 Internship
Summer 2021 Internship
We are looking for an intern to assist with our June 2021 auction, in a paid position based in our London office (W1G 9RL).
During this internship you will become an integral part of our close-knit team as we present rare instruments and bows online for auction.
The 7-week programme is designed for you to gain experience in an auction setting, with training in Client Liaison, Office Administration and Property Handling. You will primarily be working alongside our Administrative Manager, and will also spend time working directly with the instruments and bows, assisting our Property Assistant & Shipper.
This opportunity requires no previous experience and is a great platform for anyone interested in starting a career in arts administration. We are looking for a hands-on person who is enthusiastic, eager to learn, detail-oriented, likes a challenge and enjoys engaging with people. A positive attitude is a must!
Potential Roles & Responsibilities:
Front of House
- Staffing the front counter, greeting and coordinating client visits
- Answering telephone calls and fielding the general email inbox
- Providing general administrative support to the office
- Making Tarisio’s Certificates of Authenticity
- Assisting in the preparation of shipping documentation (CITES, Arts Council, FedEx)
- Preparing instruments to present to clients by assisting with minor instrument maintenance tasks
- Light data entry tasks including measuring/weighing properties and taking basic photographs
- Helping with the packing and handling of international shipments
Candidates must be over 18 and eligible to work in the UK.
Availability & Dates
You must be available to work for the entire internship, and you can find all timings and dates below. Please be aware that these are non-flexible.
Internship duration: 17 May – 2 July, Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm
You will receive the London Living Wage (£10.85 per hour).
To apply, please send responses to the following points in no more than 50 words each, along with a PDF copy of your CV in the application form below.
- What excites you about this internship?
- Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What happened next?
- Tell us something about you that is not on your CV!
Closing date for applications
Tuesday 11 May 2021 at 5pm
Thursday 13 May 2021
You must be available on this day to visit our London office (W1G 9RL) in person. Social distancing and sanitisation measures will be in place.
We look forward to hearing from you!