Front of House & Administrative Assistant
Leading fine instruments auction house Tarisio is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Front of House to manage the London office reception, and to assist with auction administration and shipping. Foreign languages a plus.
Front of House
- You will be the first point of contact for all clients coming into the London office and responsible for receiving and fielding all incoming phone and email enquiries
- Consignment submission requests will initially come to you. It will be your responsibility to send details on to our experts and sometimes liaise with clients over their items
- You will field enquiries for our trips to Europe where we gather items for auction and schedule appointments for our specialists
- You will assist the Auction Manager, Sales Manager and Director with various tasks
- You will prepare and produce certificates
- You will book appointments for public viewings and handle client enquiries
- You will be in charge of booking the collection for all domestic and international shipments, processing all shipping and import/export paperwork and liaise with FedEX, CITES and the Arts Council
The ideal candidate will have:
- Very strong communication and people skills
- Confident email and telephone manner
- Excellent organisation skills with an eye for detail
- High levels of tact and awareness of confidentiality
- Adaptable, able to keep calm while multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and as support for a larger team
Tarisio is the leading auction house for fine and rare stringed instruments and bows. Launched in 1999, we have offices in London and New York. All bidding for our auctions take place online, attracting a global market of buyers and sellers.
Our London office holds 3 auctions per year, selling more than 800 instruments and bows, and we also hold bespoke private sales of high-value items. The London office was established in 2009 and we are a dynamic, evolving and welcoming team.
Salary: £22-28,000 per annum
Application deadline: 3 December 2017
Interviews: 6-7 December 2017
To apply, please send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!