Bartolomeo Giuseppe Guarneri 'del Gesù', Cremona, c. 1715-22, the 'Titan, Möller, Moskowsky'
Back: in two-pieces of quarter cut maple with descending slightly from the centre-joint.
Top: by Guarneri 'del Gesu' c. 1740.
Scroll: of the filius type later reworked by Joseph Guarneri 'del Gesu'.
Length of back: 35.6 cm
Upper bouts: 16.4 cm
Middle bouts: 10.8 cm
Lower bouts: 20.3 cm
|-||Sold by Max Möller & Son|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Hamma & Co., Stuttgart
- Certificate: Paul Deschamp, Paris
- Certificate: Simone Fernando Sacconi, New York, NY
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)