François Xavier Tourte 'le Jeune', Paris, the 'Muntz, Bower, Lam'
Violin Bow: 55948
Octagonal stick. Silver mounted.
Read Jason Price's Carteggio feature on this bow.
Stick: 72.8 cm / 74.2 cm
Weight: 60.0 grams
There are 56 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
Notes:". . .late period; with original tinsel wrapping. . ."
Francois-Xavier Tourte: Bow Maker, Stewart Pollens & Henryk Kaston, Francois-Xavier Tourte: Bow Maker, New York
|until c. 1886||George Henri Marc Muntz|
|in 1940||Sold by W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1940||Robert Augustus Bower|
|until 1976||Jacques Français|
|1976 - c. 1980||Dr. Steven Wernick|
|c. 1980 - 1988||Sau-Wing Lam|
|in 2023||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Paul Childs, Montrose, NY (2023)
- Certificate: Isaac Salchow, New York, NY (2023)
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (1976)
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons (photocopy), London (1940)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Francois-Xavier Tourte: Bow Maker, Stewart Pollens & Henryk Kaston, Machold Rare Violins, New York (illustrated)
- Sau-Wing Lam, Dietmar Machold (illustrated)