Felice Vittorio Guadagnini, Turin, 1835
Labeled, "Felix Guadagnini Nepos Joan. Bapt. Fecit Taurini, anno 1835."
Back: One-piece of medium to fine curl cut on the slab
Top: of medium to broad grain
Scroll: of wood similar to ribs
Ribs: of medium curl
Length of back: 35.8 cm
|until 1909||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1909||Miss Hunter|
|from 1973||Mario Witkowski|
|in 1998||Sold by Sotheby's|
Certificates & Documents
- Letter: Machold Rare Violins, Ltd, Vienna (1996) with photographs from the Hill archive attached.
- Certificate: L. P. Balmforth & Son, Leeds (1973)
- Letter: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1973) "our records of the violin go back over 70 years and I have no hesitation in accepting it as labelled."
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1973)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Bonhams Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 12, 1996, London, Bonhams, Bonhams, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 16, 1998, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)