Giuseppe Guarneri 'filius Andreae', Cremona, c. 1695
Labeled, "sub disciplina Andreae Guarnerijineus Officina sub titulo S. Teresie Cremone 16.."
Under the supervision of his father.
Back: One-piece of poplar wood
Length of back: 74.0 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1932||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1932||A. R. Blagrove|
|in 1961||Sold by W. E. Hill & Sons|
|1961 - 1971||Mrs Dawn Mole|
|in 1971||Sold by Sotheby's|
|from 1971||Edward Withers|
|in 2007||Sold by John & Arthur Beare|
|in 2022||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: Peter Ratcliff, London (2022) Dates the latest ring of the bass and treble side as 1679 and 1674, respectively. Printed report available for purchase upon request.
- Certificate: John & Arthur Beare, London (2007)
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1961)
- Letter: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1961) Gives history of instrument.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 3, 1971, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons - Business Records (1850 - 1990)