Matteo Goffriller, Venice, 1710, the 'Funkhauser'
Bearing a facsimile label, dated 1729.
Back: One-piece, cut on the slab.
Scroll: Not original.
Length of back: 40.67 cm
Upper bouts: 19.27 cm
Middle bouts: 12.6 cm
Lower bouts: 23.6 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
Notes:Shown at the Exhibition of Venetian instruments in Boston, May, 2002.
The Violinmakers of Venice, The Violinmakers of Venice: 1582-1885 (CD-ROM), Boston
|from 2006||Dextra Musica|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: John C. Topham, Surrey Dating the youngest tree ring to 1667.
- Certificate: Emil Herrmann, New York, New York, NY #6705.
- Certificate: Rembert Wurlitzer Inc., New York, NY
- Certificate: William Moennig & Son, Philadelphia, PA
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Ole Bull 2010: Dextra Musica Collection, John Dilworth, Bergen (illustrated)
- Private Archives - 10746
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)
- The Violinmakers of Venice: 1582-1885 (CD-ROM), Reuning & Son Violins, Boston (illustrated)