Lorenzo Ventapane, Naples, 1810
Labeled, "Lorenzo Ventapane, Fabricante di Strumenti armonici, abita strada Donna regina no. 1., Napoli 18**."
Back: One-piece of almost horizontal narrow curl
Top: of fine grain in the center, opening out towards the flanks
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 35.6 cm
Certificates & Documents
- Insurance valuation: Émile Français, Paris (1975) Dates the instrument 1835c.
- Certificate: Morel & Gradoux-Matt, New York, NY
- Insurance valuation: Morel & Gradoux-Matt, New York, NY
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Four Centuries of Violin Making: Fine Instruments from the Sotheby's Archive, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, Boston (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 6, 1991, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, March 19, 1996, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Photo Archive