Giovanni Battista Ceruti, Cremona, 1802
Labeled, "Jo: Baptista Ceruti Cremonensis fecit Cremonae An. 1802."
Back: Two-piece of irregular curl
Top: of uneven fine grain
Ribs: of smaller curl
Length of back: 35.6 cm
Notes:Lot #14 from the annex to the auction catalog.
Bongartz's Geigen-Auktion Catalog (Nachtrag), November 12, 1980, Köln, Bongartz's, Bongartz's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 12, 1980, Cologne, Cologne
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Hamma & Co., Stuttgart (1950)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Bongartz's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 12, 1980, Cologne, Bongartz's, Bongartz's, Cologne
- Encyclopedia of Violin-Makers, Volume 1, Karel Jalovec, Paul Hamlyn Ltd., London (illustrated)
- Italian Violin Makers (1964), Karel Jalovec, Paul Hamlyn, London, 1964
- Italienische Geigenbauer (1957), Karel Jalovec, Artia, Prague, 1957 (illustrated)