Giuseppe Antonio Rocca, Turin, 1841
Labeled, "JOSEPH ROCCA fecit / Taurini anno Domini 1841."
Back: One-piece of medium curl
Top: of medium grain
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Varnish: Orange-brown over a golden ground
Length of back: 35.5 cm
There is 1 additional image in the archive which is not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1989||Sold by Christie's|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: William Moennig & Son, Philadelphia, PA (1969)
- Letter: William Moennig & Son, Philadelphia, PA (1969) "Its outward appearance is matched by its inward appearance, for it is in a mint state of preservation, so we know it has been in loving hands for over a hundred and twenty-five years."
- Certificate: Max Möller & Son, Amsterdam (1954)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Christie's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 22, 1989, London, Christie's, Christie's, London (illustrated)
- Private Archives - 10746
- Journal of the Violin Society of America, Vol. XV, No. 1, Philip J. Kass, The Queens College Press, Flushing, NY (illustrated)