Gaspar Lorenzini, Piacenza, 1740
Back: Two-piece, with wings in the lower flanks
Top: of medium grain, broadening towards the flanks
Length of back: 35.5 cm
Upper bouts: 16.1 cm
Middle bouts: 11 cm
Lower bouts: 20 cm
|in 2006||Sold by Reuning & Son Violins|
|in 2007||Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, Taiwan|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Bein & Fushi, Inc, Chicago, IL (2006) Attributes the instrument to Gaspare Lorenzini.
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London Attributes the instrument to Lorenzo Guadagnini.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Correspondence with Dai-Ting Chung, consultant for the Chi-Mei Foundation, November, 2007
- Reuning & Son Violins Newsletter: Winter 2002-2003, Reuning & Son, Boston (illustrated)
- Journal of the Violin Society of America, Vol. XIX, No. 2, Christopher Reuning, The Queens College Press, Flushing, NY (illustrated)