Giovanni Battista Guadagnini, Turin, 1771
Labeled, "Joannes Baptista Guadagnini / Cremonensis fecit Taurini."
Back: One-piece cut on the slab marked by small figure; there is a small crack by the sound-post
Top: of fine grain
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of broader figure
Length of back: 35.3 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1982||Sold by Christie's|
Certificates & Documents
- Insurance valuation: Max Möller & Son, Amsterdam (1968)
- Insurance valuation: Johann Stuber, The Hague (1954)
- Certificate: John & Arthur Beare, London (1910)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Christie's Fine Printed Music and Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, April 2, 1982, London, Christie's, Christie's, London (illustrated)
- Italian Violin Makers (2001), Teruhiko Sato, Nippon Gengakki, Tokyo (illustrated)