Francesco Rugeri, Cremona, date unknown
Labeled, "Francesco Rugier detto il Per Cremona 17**."
Back: One-piece cut on the slab
Top: of medium to broad grain
Scroll: of faint medium curl
Ribs: of narrow curl
Length of back: 35.6 cm
|until 1959||Jacques Français|
|from 1959||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (1960) #700.
- Certificate: Silvestre & Maucotel, Paris (1908)
- Certificate: August Herrmann, Berlin (1900)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 23-25, 1988, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Box 57 (illustrated)