Angelo Soliani, Modena, 1800
Labeled, "ANGELUS SOLIANI / FECIT MUTINAE / 181?."
Back: One-piece, plain
Top: of medium to wide grain
Scroll: of narrow curl
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Varnish: Gold orange
Length of back: 35.4 cm
Upper bouts: 16 cm
Middle bouts: 10.9 cm
Lower bouts: 19.7 cm
There are 9 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 2000||Sold by Jacques Français|
|in c. 2010||Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, Taiwan|
|from 2010||Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, Taiwan|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (2001) #5527.
- Certificate: Bein & Fushi, Inc, Chicago, IL
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Christie's Fine Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, May 5, 2000, New York, Christie's, Christie's, New York (illustrated)
- Correspondence with Dai-Ting Chung, consultant for the Chi-Mei Foundation, June, 2010
- Private Archives - 10072
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)