Pietro Antonio Dalla Costa, Treviso, 1764
Labeled, "Petrus Antonius a Costa / fecit Tarvisio Anno 1764."
Back: Two-piece of medium curl descending slightly from the joint
Top: of medium to fine grain in the center, opening out to medium grain on the flanks
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 35.3 cm
|until 1956||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1956||Max Möller & Son|
|in 1988||Sold by Sotheby's|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Max Möller & Son, Amsterdam (1956) With photos attached.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Sotheby Parke Bernet Important Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 19, 1985, New York, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, New York (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 23-25, 1988, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, Part II, November 14, 1985, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)