Bernardo Calcagno, Genoa, date unknown
Labeled, "Barnardus Calcanisu / Fecit Genvae Anno 1734."
Back: Two-piece cut on the slab, with original wings to the lower bouts
Top: of medium grain broadening towards the flanks
Scroll: of less distinct curl
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 35.6 cm
|in 1984||Sold by Sotheby's|
|in 1985||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Machold Rare Violins, Ltd, Vienna (1996) X-880.
- Certificate: Machold Rare Violins, Ltd, Vienna (1994) X-880.
- Certificate: Cyril William Jacklin (1962)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Private Papers
- Sotheby Parke Bernet Important Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 19, 1985, New York, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, New York (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, September 20, 1984, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)