Domenico Montagnana, Venice, 1723
Labeled, "Dominicus Montagnana Sub Si- / gnum Cremonae Venetiis 1723."
Back: Two-piece of medium curl descending from left to right
Top: of medium grain
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 35.2 cm
|in 1955||Sold by William Moennig & Son|
|in 1960||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Rembert Wurlitzer Inc., New York, NY (1955) With photos attached.
- Certificate: Chardon & Fils, Paris (1946)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- World of Strings, Fall, 1955, William Moennig & Sons, Philadelphia (illustrated)
- World of Strings, Fall, 1960, William Moennig & Sons, Philadelphia (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, October 14, 1982, New York, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, New York (illustrated)