Carlo Antonio Santino Lavazza, Milan, c. 1720
Bearing a facsimile label of Lorenzo Guadagnini, inserted by W. E. Hill & Sons.
Scroll: by G. B. Guadagnini circa 1775
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 39.8 cm
Upper bouts: 19.5 cm
Middle bouts: 13.6 cm
Lower bouts: 24.2 cm
There are 15 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1949||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1949||Miss Hovenden|
|until 1963||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1963||Hugo Linden|
|in 2020||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: Peter Ratcliff, London (2022) Dates the latest ring of the bass and treble side as 1700 and 1701, respectively. Printed report available for purchase upon request.
- Certificate: John & Arthur Beare (photocopy), London (2013) Attributes the instrument to Santino Lavazza.
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons (photocopy), London (1963) Ascribes the instrument to Lorenzo Gudagnini.
- Proforma Certificate: Tarisio, London
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Correspondence with owner, 5-23-2003
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)