Alessandro Gagliano, Naples, 1715
Labeled, "Alexander Gagliano Fecit Neap. 17**."
Back: One-piece cut on the slab with narrow curl descending from left to right
Top: of medium grain in the center, opening out towards the flanks
Ribs: cut on the slab of irregular medium to narrow curl
Length of back: 35.9 cm
There is 1 additional image in the archive which is not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1988||Sold by Sotheby's|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Gaetano Pollastri, Bologna (1953)
- Certificate: Ferdinando Garimberti, Milan (1951)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, June 9, 1987, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, March 31, 1988, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- The Violin Book, Bafalon, London (illustrated)