Angelo Soliani, Modena, 1791
Labeled, "Angelus Soliani Fecit Mutinæ 1791."
Branded to the inside back with the image of a sun.
Illustrated in "Die Geigen und Lautenmacher vom Mitteralter bis zur Gegenwart" by Willibald Leo von Lütgendorff, p. 512, in "Italian Violin Makers" by Karel Jalovec, p. 330 and in "Meisterwerke Italienischer Geigenbaukunst" by Fridolin Hamma, p. 253.
Back: in two pieces of slab-cut maple.
Top: in two pieces of spruce with broad-width grain broadening toward the edges.
Ribs: and head of similar wood.
Varnish: of a golden orange-brown color.
Length of back: 35.8 cm
Upper bouts: 16.8 cm
Middle bouts: 11.5 cm
Lower bouts: 20.7 cm
There are 5 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|-||Sold by Hamma & Co.|
|in 2022||Sold by Tarisio|
|from 2022||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Proforma Certificate: Tarisio, Berlin (2022)
- Certificate: Roland Baumgartner, Basel (2021)
- Certificate: Pierre Vidoudez (photocopy), Geneva (1975)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Die Geigen und Lautenmacher vom Mitteralter bis zur Gegenwart, Willibald Leo von Lütgendorff, Frankfurter Verlags-Anstalt, Frankfurt am Main (illustrated)
- Italian Violin Makers (1964), Karel Jalovec, Paul Hamlyn, London, 1964 (illustrated)
- Italienische Geigenbauer (1957), Karel Jalovec, Artia, Prague, 1957 (illustrated)
- Meisterwerke Italienischer Geigenbaukunst, Fridolin Hamma, Hamma & Co., Stuttgart (illustrated)