Pietro Guarneri of Venice, Venice, 1721, the 'Segelman'
Labeled, "Cremona. . .1721."
Length of back: 35.7 cm
Upper bouts: 16.8 cm
Middle bouts: 11.1 cm
Lower bouts: 20.5 cm
There is 1 additional image in the archive which is not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1925||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|in 1931||Miss Beatrice Lutyens|
|from 1945||Gerald Segelman|
|in 1993||Sold by Kenneth Warren & Son|
|in 2017||Sold by Tarisio Private Sales|
|from 2017||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Kenneth Warren & Son, Chicago, IL (1993)
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1925)
- Certificate: Peter Biddulph, London
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Meister Italienischer Geigenbaukunst (8th Edition), Walter Hamma & Co., Florian Noetzel Verlag, Wilhelmshaven (illustrated)
- Mr Black's Violins: The extraordinary obsession of Gerald Segelman, Andrew Hooker, Cozio Publishing, Boston (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)