Giovanni Battista Guadagnini, Milan, 1755, the 'Bailly'
Back: Two-piece curly maple
Scroll: of plainer wood
Ribs: match back
Length of back: 35.5 cm
Upper bouts: 16.5 cm
Middle bouts: 11.5 cm
Lower bouts: 20.5 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1929||Louis Bailly|
|until 1946||Curtis Institute in Philadelphia|
|from 1946||Harry Ellis Dickson|
|until 1988||Jacques Français|
|from 1988||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (1988) #2820. "Grade: A++"
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1929) Authentic in all parts, including label
- Certificate: Silvestre & Maucotel, Paris (1929)
- Certificate: William Moennig & Son, Philadelphia, PA
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- The Guadagnini Family of Violin Makers, Ernest N. Doring, William Lewis & Son, Chicago
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)