Bearing its original label, "Joannes Baptista filius Laurentii Guadagnini fecit Placentiae 1747."
The violin is first recorded in 1887, when it was sold by W.E. Hill & Sons to a Mr. H. Porter of Russell Square, London, for £110. Hills sold the violin again in 1913 to Leon Kon for Paul Kochański (Kon was Kochański's father-in-law) for £600
Back: One-piece cut on the slab of irregular broad curl
Top: of medium grain
Scroll: of medium curl
Ribs: of medium curl
Length of back: 35.5 cm
There are 8 additional images in the
archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.