Michele Angelo Bergonzi, Cremona, 1744
Back: Two-piece, quarter-cut, with narrow, horizontal flaming; there is a knot on the upper treble side
Ribs: weakly but narrowly flamed
Varnish: Orange-red to light-brown over a golden-yellow base
Length of back: 35.5 cm
Upper bouts: 16.6 cm
Middle bouts: 10.7 cm
Lower bouts: 20.6 cm
There are 6 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|in 1997||Sold by Kenneth Warren & Son|
|in 1999||Machold Rare Violins, Ltd|
|from 2001||Oesterreichische Nationalbank|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Machold Rare Violins, Ltd, Vienna (2002) X-4058.
- Certificate: Kenneth Warren & Son, Chicago, IL (1999) W-4150.
- Certificate: Bein & Fushi, Inc, Chicago, IL (1997) S1571E.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Masterpieces of Violin-Making: The Collection of Bowed Stringed Instruments of the Oesterreische Nationalbank, Rudolf Hopfner, Skira, Milan (illustrated)
- Private Papers
- Startseite - Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- The Late Cremonese Violin Makers, Dmitry Gindin, Editioni Novecento, Cremona (illustrated)