Antonio Stradivari, Cremona, 1721, the 'Stuyvesant, Vornbaum, Hamma'
Bearing its original label, "Antonio Stradivari Cremonensis Faciebat Anno 1721."
Length of back: 35.4 cm
Upper bouts: 16.8 cm
Middle bouts: 10.8 cm
Lower bouts: 20.7 cm
There are 2 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1920||Oscar Vornbaum|
|in 1945||Current owner|
Kurt Christian Stier, Walter Stross
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Caressa & Français, Paris
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Antonius Stradivarius (Volumes I-IV), 2010
- How Many Strads? (1999 edition), Doring, Bein & Fushi, Bein & Fushi, Chicago, 1999
- Violins & Violinists, January-February, 1941, Ernest N. Doring, William Lewis & Son, Chicago (illustrated)
- Meister Italienischer Geigenbaukunst (8th Edition), Walter Hamma & Co., Florian Noetzel Verlag, Wilhelmshaven (illustrated)
- Private Papers
- Violin Iconography of Antonio Stradivari 1644-1737, Herbert K. Goodkind, Larchmont, NY (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)