Giovanni Battista Guadagnini, Piacenza, 1743, the 'van Zweygberg'
Printed label, "Joannes filius Laurentji Guadadagnini fecit Placentiae 197?."
Back: Two-piece, slab-cut, with weak horizontal flaming
Top: Two-part of finely grained wood
Varnish: Red over a yellow base
Length of back: 73.7 cm
Upper bouts: 35.4 cm
Middle bouts: 23.8 cm
Lower bouts: 43.5 cm
|in 1943||Lennart von Zweygberg|
|from 1963||Lorin Bernsohn|
|in 2002||Oesterreichische Nationalbank|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Machold Rare Violins, Ltd, Vienna (1990) X-645.
- Certificate: Rembert Wurlitzer Inc., New York, NY (1963)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Masterpieces of Violin-Making: The Collection of Bowed Stringed Instruments of the Oesterreische Nationalbank, Rudolf Hopfner, Skira, Milan (illustrated)
- Private Papers
- Startseite - Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- The Guadagnini Family of Violin Makers, Ernest N. Doring, William Lewis & Son, Chicago (illustrated)
- Violins & Violinists, November, 1943, Ernest N. Doring, William Lewis & Son, Chicago (illustrated)