Domenico Montagnana, Venice, 1739, the 'Hancock'
Back: Two-piece with flames sloping upwards from the center joint
Top: of spruce with medium-width grain in the center and broadening towards the flanks
Ribs: of wood matching back
Length of back: 74.1 cm
Upper bouts: 37.3 cm
Lower bouts: 43.5 cm
There were no images found for this item.
|until 1961||G. Allen Hancock|
|1961 - 2003||Current owner|
- Conversation with Stephen Kates
- The Strad, October, 1986, London (illustrated)
- Domenica Montagnana - "Lauter in Venetia": Exposition of Lendinara 1997, Carlson Cacciatori Neumann & C., Cremona (illustrated)
- Les violons: Venetian instruments, paintings & drawings, Association pour la Promotion des Arts, Paris (illustrated)
- The Strad, October, 1986, Margaret Campbell, London (illustrated)
- Violin and Lute Makers of Venice, Stefano Pio, Venice Research, Venice (illustrated)