Gennaro Gagliano, Naples, 1741, the 'Oxman'
Bearing its original label, "Januarius Gagliano Filius Alexandri fecit Nea. 1741."
Top: of medium grain
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Length of back: 74.9 cm
There is 1 additional image in the archive which is not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1920||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1920||Harold M. Brummer|
|-||Sold by William Moennig & Son|
|in 1999||Sold by Bonhams|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1920)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Bonhams Fine Musical Instruments (undated brochure from 1999), Bonhams, Bonhams, London (illustrated)
- Bonhams Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 17, 1999, Knightsbridge, Bonhams, Bonhams, London (illustrated)
- Marcel Richters Homepage - Home
- The Emil Hermann Collection - Part II, Andy Lim & Gregory Singer, Darling Publications, Cologne / New York (illustrated)
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (illustrated)