Bartolomeo Giuseppe Guarneri 'del Gesù', Cremona, c. 1738, the 'Lutti, Senn'
Bearing its original label.
Back: Two-piece of medium horizontal curl
Top: F-holes recut.
Length of back: 35.2 cm
There are 6 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1899||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1899||Enrique Fernández Arbós|
|in 1909||Sold by Caressa & Français|
|in 1909||Felix Berber|
|-||Sold by Albert Caressa|
|1921 - 2000||Otto Senn|
|in c. 2005||Anonymous|
|from c. 2005||Anonymous|
|in c. 2015||Anonymous|
|from 2015||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: Hamberger Fine Stringed Instruments (2013) The two pieces of wood forming the table are from different trees. The youngest ring for one side dates to 1732-33 and matches the table on the 1740 'Ysaye' del Gesu. The youngest ring for the other side dates to 1730-31.
- Certificate: John & Arthur Beare, London (2010)
- Certificate: Roland Baumgartner, Basel (2000)
- Letter: Albert Caressa, Paris (1924)
- Certificate: Caressa & Français, Paris (1921)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Correspondence with Roland Baumgartner, November, 2010
- The Violin Makers of the Guarneri Family, W. Henry, Arthur F. & Alfred E. Hill, William E. Hill & Sons, London, 1931