Pietro Guarneri of Mantua, Mantua, 1707
Labeled, "Petrus Guarnerius Cremonensis fecit / Mantuae sub tit. Sanctæ Teresiæ 1707."
Back: Two-piece of irregular curl
Top: of medium grain
Scroll: of wood similar to back
Ribs: of wood similar to back
Varnish: Red-gold over a lighter ground
Length of back: 35.5 cm
|until 1894||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1894||Alfred Mitchell|
|in 1931||Mrs Bingham|
|until 1986||Jonathan Bingham|
|in 1986||Sold by Christie's|
Certificates & Documents
- Letter: Alfred E. Hill, London (1932) To Mrs. Bingham.
- Letter: Arthur F. Hill, London (1894) To Alfred Mitchell.
- Certificate: W. E. Hill & Sons, London (1894)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Christie's Important Musical Instruments and Printed Music Auction Catalog, November 11, 1986, London, Christie's, Christie's, London (illustrated)
- The Violin Makers of the Guarneri Family, W. Henry, Arthur F. & Alfred E. Hill, William E. Hill & Sons, London, 1931