Giovanni Paolo Maggini, Brescia, 1620, the 'Bartholony'
Labeled, "Gio Paolo Maggini in Brescia."
Back: Two-piece, ornamented
Length of back: 35.36 cm
Upper bouts: 17 cm
Middle bouts: 11.33 cm
Lower bouts: 20.68 cm
Notes:One of the instruments exhibited in Brescia in June, 2007 at the "Gio Paolo Maggini Secoli di dettagli" exhibition.
|in 2005||Chi-Mei Culture Foundation, Taiwan|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: John C. Topham, Surrey (2013) Dating the youngest tree ring to 1575.
- Certificate: Bein & Fushi, Inc, Chicago, IL (2005)
- Certificate: Hamma & Co., Stuttgart (1915)
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Gio Paolo Maggini, Exhibition - Brescia, Italy, 2007
- Gio: Paolo Maggini in Brescia (exhibition catalog), nuovesettimanebaroche, Brescia (illustrated)
- Liutai in Brescia: 1520-1724, Eric Blot, Eric Blot Edizioni, Cremona (illustrated)
- Sotheby's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, October 6, 2000, Chicago, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, Chicago (illustrated)
- The Legend of Italian Violins: Brescian and Cremonese Violin Makers 1550-1950, Dai Ting Chung, Wen-Lo Shi (illustrated)