Pietro Guarneri of Venice, Venice, c. 1739, the 'Beatrice Harrison'
Labeled, "Petrus Guarnerius filius / Joseph Cremonensis / fecit Anno 1739 / Venetijs."
Length of back: 75.3 cm
Upper bouts: 36.1 cm
Middle bouts: 24.8 cm
Lower bouts: 44.9 cm
There are 4 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
Notes:Shown at the Exhibition of Venetian instruments in Boston, May, 2002.
The Violinmakers of Venice, The Violinmakers of Venice: 1582-1885 (CD-ROM), Boston
|until 1900||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|from 1900||Baron Johann Knoop|
|until 1911||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|in 1911||Mrs Almeric Paget|
|in 1931||Beatrice Harrison|
|-||Sold by Bein & Fushi, Inc|
|c. 1997 - c. 2017||David L. Fulton|
|from c. 2017||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Dendrochronology report: John C. Topham, Surrey Dating the youngest tree ring to 1725.
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Bein & Fushi 1997 Calendar, Bein & Fushi, Inc, Bein & Fushi, Chicago (illustrated)
- Pietro Guarneri, 2-12-2004
- The Strad, January, 2005, John Dilworth, Newsquest Specialist Media, London (illustrated)
- The Strad 2005 Calendar, Newsquest Specialist Media, London (illustrated)
- The Violin Makers of the Guarneri Family, W. Henry, Arthur F. & Alfred E. Hill, William E. Hill & Sons, London, 1931
- The Violinmakers of Venice: 1582-1885 (CD-ROM), Reuning & Son Violins, Boston (illustrated)