Alessandro Gagliano, Naples, 1734
Length of back: 35.3 cm
There are 5 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
Notes:"The specimen here figured is, I may observe at once, indisputably the finest in every way that I have ever come across, and its owner may congratulate himself on its possession."
Alexander Gagliano, Towry Piper, The Strad, 1914, London
|in 1914||Joseph Read|
|until 1955||W. E. Hill & Sons|
|in 1957||Sold by William Moennig & Son|
|in 1963||Current owner|
- The Strad, 1914, Towry Piper, London, Aug 1914 (illustrated)
- Christophe Landon Rare Violins 2010 Calendar, New York (illustrated)
- Private Archives - 10746
- World of Strings, Fall, 1960, William Moennig & Sons, Philadelphia (illustrated)
- World of Strings, Spring, 1957, William Moennig & Sons, Philadelphia (illustrated)
- The Instrumentalist, Victor Angelescu, January, 1963 (illustrated)
- W. E. Hill & Sons Photographic Archive (illustrated)