Nicolò Gagliano, Naples, c. 1770
Labeled, "Nicolo Gagliano, fecit in Napoli."
Back: Two-piece of faint medium curl
Top: of fine to medium grain
Ribs: of medium curl
Varnish: Gold brown
Length of back: 35.2 cm
|until 1982||Jacques Français|
|until 1984||Jacques Français|
|in 2000||Sold by Jacques Français|
|in 2010||Sold by Skinner|
|in 2011||Sold by Tarisio|
|from 2011||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (1984) #2516.
- Certificate: Jacques Français, New York, NY (1982) #2324.
- Certificate: Dmitry Gindin, London
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Christie's Fine Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, May 5, 2000, New York, Christie's, Christie's, New York
- Skinner's Fine Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, April 25, 2010, Boston, Skinner, Skinner, Boston
- Tarisio's Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, November 9-10, 2011, New York
- The Emil Hermann Collection - Part II, Andy Lim & Gregory Singer, Darling Publications, Cologne / New York
- The Jacques Français Rare Violins, Inc. Photographic Archive and Business Records, 1844-1998, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC