Giovanni Paolo Maggini, Brescia, 1615
Labeled, "Giovanni Paolo Maggini..."
The head later.
Back: Two-piece of medium curl sloping upwards from the joint
Top: of pine of fine grain, becoming finer towards the flanks
Scroll: of narrower curl
Ribs: of faint curl, cut on the slab
Length of back: 36.9 cm
There are 27 additional images in the archive which are not available publicly. Please contact us for more information.
|until 1974||Drew Lecher|
|in 1974||Sold by Sotheby's|
|in 2010||Sold by Tarisio|
|from 1974||Miss J. Durney|
|from 2010||Current owner|
Certificates & Documents
- Certificate: Carl Becker & Son, Chicago, IL (1973)
- Certificate: Kagan & Gaines, Chicago, IL (1971)
- Certificate: Carl Becker & Son, Chicago, IL
Cozio holds copies of many certificates and other documents, some of which are available to view on request. Please contact us if you wish to view a particular document. (Note that we do not always have permission to share documents.)
- Sotheby's Important Musical Instruments Auction Catalog, April 25, 1974, London, Sotheby's, Sotheby's, London (illustrated)
- Tarisio Fine Musical Instruments Online Auction Catalog, April 29-30, 2010, Tarisio, Tarisio, New York (illustrated)