Laberte-Humbert Frères Firm
(ﬂ. 1876 – 1969)
Mirecourt firm founded in 1876 by the violin making brothers Maurice-Emile and Pierre Alexis Auguste Laberte. At first it produced only factory instruments, some with fictitious labels such as 'J. Didelot'. In the early 20th century Marc Laberte, the son of Pierre Alexis Auguste Laberte, added a range of higher-quality instruments by makers including Joseph Aubry, Charles Brugere, Camille Poirson and ...Read More Georges Apparut.
In 1919 the violin maker Fourier Magnié joined the firm, which continued under the name "Laberte et Magnié" or "L.F.M." By this time the company had grown to around 400 workers. In 1927 the company bought the brand "A La Ville de Cremonne" by Paul Mangeno.
The Mirecourt instrument making industry went into decline during the mid 20th century, and all three of its large firms ended production in the 1960s. Laberte closed in 1969 after the death of Philippe Laberte.
- 93 auction price results.
View all auction prices for Laberte-Humbert Frères Firm