Condition Report Technician – New York
Tarisio is the leading international venue for fine stringed instruments and bows with offices in New York and London and is looking for a highly detailed and organized person to be our Condition Report Technician. This is a permanent, full-time position.
About Tarisio New York: We are a small team of modern, creative people from various backgrounds who are passionate and hard-working while integrating fun into their day. Our office is an open and sun-filled space in Midtown West with a gallery and workshop and we are looking forward to having a like-minded individual join us.
As an international auction house, the condition reports for the instruments and bows that we sell are a crucial tool for our bidders when viewing our sales. With nine sales annually and over 200 lots per sale, we are looking for someone who excels at precise analysis of the conditions of our instruments and bows and can communicate this effectively to bidders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong technical training/experience with woodworking and stringed instruments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and ability to be accurate with highly technical language.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy, both individually and as a part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated independent judgment and problem-solving skills and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Customer-service orientation and professionalism with colleagues and clients.
- B.S. or B.A. Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Priority will be given to candidates who also have the following:
- Strong Proficiency with G Suite.
- Language skills in French, Italian or German.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Writing condition reports for all auction and private sale properties as well as incoming properties.
- Creating condition report diagrams for auction, private sale, and other properties under evaluation.
- Preparation of the properties for photography and sale.
- Writing descriptions of instruments and creating appraisal documents.
- Assisting with buyer queries relating to properties: additional photos, thickness reports, additional measurements and other queries.
- Point person for submission of properties to Dendrochronologist: scanning, providing the necessary information, and processing the results.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience plus benefits. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject line of your email.