Tarisio is the world’s leading auction house for fine and rare stringed instruments and bows. Offices in New York and London conduct six auctions per year, selling more than 3,000 fine instruments and bows to a global market. T2 is a division of Tarisio designed specifically for the violin trade, with auctions held every two months.
We are looking for an auction assistant to join our close-knit New York team. Working under the Head of T2 auctions, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and execution of all auctions. This role has great growth potential and would be ideally suited to someone looking to forge a career within a dynamic and fast-evolving arts environment.
- Liaise with consignors, including sending contracts
- Preparation of musical instruments for photography and sale
- Assisting bidder inquiries during sales
- Handling office operations including front of house and species compliance
- Assisting the running and marketing of all auction events
The successful candidate will have:
- Great communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to maintain good client relationships
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good understanding of different cultural approaches
- Confidence in tackling new initiatives
Desirable skills also include:
- Experience with light repairs, restorations, setup & adjustment of stringed instruments and bows
- Experience writing condition reports for stringed instruments and bows
- Good knowledge of classical music
- Proficiency in languages
You must be eligible to work in the US in a full-time capacity Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to Florence Haseler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 19th
Interviews: May 25th-26th