Account Manager – New York
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join us as full-time Account Manager in New York City.
Tarisio is the leading international venue for the sale of fine stringed instruments and bows with offices in New York, London and Berlin. Tarisio provides a unique opportunity to combine your passion for classical music with your individual and professional skills and talents. Our New York office is a boutique work environment with a team of modern, creative people from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to and enthusiastic about their jobs.
The Account Manager is primarily responsible for working closely with clients to win consignments and to help sell works at auction. They will act as client liaison to gather or dispatch consignment and property related information, verify consignment details pre-sale to ensure accuracy, and liaise with clients as needed for all consignment related information. Above all they will serve as brand ambassador for Tarisio, always portraying a warm, hospitable, and professional demeanor.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the end-to-end consignment process for our New York auctions with particular focus on sourcing and coordinating with private clients
- Support internal appraisal and evaluation processes and independently liaise with consignors regarding their property throughout the auction process
- Manage a portfolio of private clients and manage client relationships in order to enhance client loyalty and promote business opportunities across all sales channels i.e. auction, private sales, workshop
- Work with the Tarisio team to sell a sale by helping clients at the exhibition; develop, track and communicate client interest in lots; and assist with bidder registrations
- Works with top management on strategies to encourage growth
- Assists with email, telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Assists with the production of marketing campaigns and collateral
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 3-4 years of office work experience, preferably in the classical/performing arts industry with deep knowledge of classical music and ideally some ability to play a bowed stringed instrument
- Has a professional demeanor, appearance and attitude as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish close working relationships
- Organized, thorough, focused, with a passion and commitment to the field
- Able to discreetly handle confidential and highly sensitive material.
- Strong multi-tasker and ability to prioritize and manage multiple highly important processes and responsibilities in an extremely high-pressured environment
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, making sure to include “Account Manager Candidate” in the subject line of your email.